Aliens of Extraordinary Ability
The U.S. Immigration Law currently accepts that foreign professionals (also known as “aliens”) that demonstrate extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics are eligible to obtain EB-1 work visas. Our immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates can help throughout the entire process. Both foreign nationals as well as their U.S.-based employers can rest assured that our experienced attorneys will provide all the necessary immigration-related legal advice and assistance. To obtain the EB-1 work visa on the basis of an extraordinary ability, your achievements must be widely recognized in your field and extensively documented. An offer of employment is not required when the petitioner’s extraordinary ability can be sufficiently demonstrated.
A foreign national seeking EB-1 status must demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclamation. You must provide comprehensive documentation of achievements in at least three of these areas (or evidence of a substantial one-time achievement such as a Pulitzer, Oscar, or Olympic Medal):
- Nationally or internationally recognized awards or prizes for excellence in the field
- Membership in associations which demand outstanding achievement in the field
- Published material about you in professional publications or other major media
- Experience judging others’ work in the field, either individually or as part of a panel
- Original contributions of major significance to the field
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional publications or other major media
- Work displayed at important artistic exhibitions or showcases
- A leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- Significantly high remuneration compared to others in the field
- Commercial successes in the performing arts
Here at Sam Shihab & Associates, we offer a range of services related to immigration issues, such as legal assistance when it comes to business and employment immigration, as well as assistance with investor and work visas. Our team of skilled immigration lawyers provides legal advice in all areas related to naturalization, immigration, visas, business and employment. We help aliens of extraordinary ability through the EB-1 visa application process from beginning to end, no matter where in the world you are located. Let us help you with your immigration-related needs – feel free to reach out to our experienced attorneys today by simply calling one of our offices or by sending an email.