Columbus Immigration Waivers Attorney

columbus immigration waivers (i-601) attorney

A foreign national can be deemed “inadmissible” to the United States for a variety of reasons. But if you’ve been classified as inadmissible, it’s still possible in some cases to enter or remain in the United States. If a close relative is a citizen or a permanent U.S. resident, and your inadmissibility creates a hardship for that relative, the experienced immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates can help you apply for an I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. It’s a complicated application and an arduous process, but it’s just one of the many immigration-related legal services we provide to our foreign national clients.


To qualify for an I-601 waiver, you must offer proof that your absence will cause your citizen-relative or resident-relative to suffer a severe personal hardship. In most cases, the citizen-relative or resident-relative must be a spouse, parent, or child. Our knowledgeable immigration lawyers can help you understand the I-601 petition and process; determine your eligibility; and demonstrate to the government why you should be granted a waiver of inadmissibility.

Since 2013, the I-601A (Provisional Waiver of Unlawful Presence) provides a second option option to those deemed inadmissible. However, the I-601A does not waive other grounds of inadmissibility such as a previous criminal record. Additionally, the relative facing the hardship must be a spouse or parent (not a child) and a citizen (not a permanent resident). The immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates can determine if the I-601A may or may not be appropriate for you. If you have previously been deported or removed, contact us for assistance with Form I-212 (Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States).


Immigrating to the United States is always complicated. Sam Shihab & Associates help professionals and their employers choose the right options by providing seasoned legal counsel and representation. No matter where you are located, contact the experienced immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates by phone or email today to discuss your specific visa needs and options.